Knitting Update

It’s been a long freaking time hasn’t it?! I started this sucker back in March, and it is finally done.


This picture doesn’t do justice to the size of the thing, but you do get the slanty design. I’m quite pleased, and will probably keep this one for myself and wear it all winter. The pattern is here if you’re interested; it’s not terribly complicated once you get past the cast-on. I used three balls of Berroco Millefiori.


Knitting Update

Three things in progress this month. img_5668The shawl is coming along nicely, with 10 rows of the increase section left before I shift to the the bias part of the pattern. This morning I started a one-skein project, another simple cowl that should be quick to complete–I long ago lost the tag for the yarn, so I’m not sure what it is or how much of it I have. It’s very soft.

Not pictured is the broken rib scarf I’ve been working on while we watch Avatar: The Legend of Korra in the evenings. That one is just a way of using up leftovers from the hats I made this winter, and I will probably end up giving it away when it gets cold again. We have snowdrops and crocuses blooming here in MA already.

In writing news, I just now finished editing Chapter 7 of The Hasty Visitor’s Guide to American Fairy Hills, which should be available in June. I’ll post the cover as part of this month’s wrap-up. In April, I’m going to give Camp NaNo another try this year and see if I can make headway on a new project.

Last thing going on this week was that I went skiing for the first time ever yesterday. It was fun!


The Year in Knitting – Pictures

Plus a cowl I don’t have a photo of, which I made for a co-worker, the scarf I made for my MIL, ditto, and three projects in various stages of barely-started, because they don’t count until they’re done.

The only goal I had for knitting this year was to use up random single skeins I had bought or been given. Most of those were on the small side, hence the numerous hats, but a couple were hefty. I have little room for storage, and want to keep the stash size under control. This modest goal was met, as eight skeins went out over the course of the year. I have probably at least that many again still waiting for inspiration to strike.

I bought a fair amount of new yarn in the fall, but it’s for specific projects, and won’t be taking up long-term residence in my single storage bin. I find myself getting a bit more confident with practice, although as you can see, I’ve been sticking with simple projects.

2020 will probably see a continued working through the backlog, and finishing what I have started, which will mean mastering yarnovers finally.